In 2002, a group of passion filled volunteers saw a grave need in our community to offer assistance to cancer stricken families and individuals whose lives were being turned upside down financially and emotionally. CAN was formed to help our neighbors and friends through the most difficult times anyone could imagine. Facing a world of unknowns and forced to make life changing medical decisions, as well as dealing with mounting pressures of everyday living expenses, CAN helps, when there is no where else to turn.
Five Reasons to Support CAN
- Cancer Alliance of Naples was formed in 2002, and annually helps over 220 families, including children of low-income single parents in Collier County, and children with cancer referred to CAN from Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- CAN pays rent so cancer survivors and their families won’t be evicted; utilities so they won’t be turned off; food for nourishment, car payments so they won’t be repossessed, and gas to get to treatment. CAN provides these services while the patient is undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.
- Every dollar raised here stays here and is tax deductible.
- CAN does not duplicate the services of any other agency in Collier County.
- CAN also offers free group counseling, free nutrition programs, college scholarships for graduating seniors who are cancer survivors, and an extensive library for anyone in the community to use.