The following questions and answers are the most commonly asked of the Cancer Alliance of Naples. If you have further questions, please contact any of our staff members. They will be delighted to give you the information you need.
When was CAN established? +
Cancer Alliance of Naples (CAN) was established in October 2002.
What is CAN’s mission? +
CAN is devoted to helping LOCAL children, families and individuals touched by cancer by providing financial aid, support, education and information resources.
How is CAN funded? +
Most of CAN’s revenue is generated from fundraising events, businesses and individual donations. CAN also receives funding from grants generously contributed by local foundations.
Where do CAN donations go? +
Every dollar made here stays here in our area – neighbors helping neighbors.
What population does CAN serve? +
All residents of Collier or Lee County.
How many people in this area has CAN helped? +
Over 2,000 FAMILIES have been served since CAN was established; over $3.2 million have been spent in services for cancer survivors in our local area.
What type of financial assistance does CAN provide? +
CAN pays non-medical, every day bills such as rent and mortgage payments to avoid eviction; utility bills so that service is not shut off; car payments, repairs and gas to get to and from treatment safely; and food gift cards so that cancer survivors are strong enough to obtain the best possible outcome from cancer treatment.
Who is eligible for assistance? +
There are three requirements:
- Cancer patients must have a signed physician’s verification form stating the applicant is currently in chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Verification of a minimum of one-year residency in Collier or Lee County.
- Must meet financial qualifications.
How does a cancer patient in treatment make an appointment? +
Phone 239/643-HOPE (4673) for an appointment. Interviews can be conducted in English or Spanish.
What are CAN’s hours? +
CAN offices are open Monday to Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM
Are donations tax deductible? +
YES! EIN #22-387 9709
How do I donate to CAN? +
- Click on the Donations Tab on the CAN website – www.cancerallianceofnaples.com.
- Choose among options of donating one time, or spread out over your choice of timely installments.
- Donate by credit card: AX, MC, VISA, DISCOVER are accepted.
- Donate by check, payable to “Cancer Alliance of Naples, and mail to Cancer Alliance of Naples, 3384 Wood's Edge Circle, Suite 102, Bonita Springs, FL 34134.
For information on living legacies, planned gifts, stocks, please phone the CAN office and ask for the Executive Director. Choices and benefits based on your intention are highlighted on CAN’s website.
How can I help? +
Volunteer your time and talents in the office or at events. Host a fundraising event – whether large or small.
How can I reach CAN’s office? +
Phone 239/643-HOPE (4673) / FAX 239/643-4616